Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New PSP 3001 Series


FCC Confirms PSP Redesign Number 3001 With Few Visible Improvements

The FCC has come through again, giving up testing info on Sony's upcoming PSP-3001 redesign. It's still the same generation PSP and still has most of the same parts (802.11b Wi-Fi) and still plays the same games, so we're guessing most of the changes will be internal and focused on lowering costs and making the thing harder to hack. Why do we think that? Because that's exactly what Jack Tretton of SCEA said in the roundtable at E3, that Sony's working on securing the platform from piracy. We'll just have to wait and see whether it's worth upgrading to this version if you've already got a PSP. [FCC]

Article Taken from:
Gizmodo

I got my PSP 2000 (PSP SLIM) last March for my wife because her pregnancy required her to be on bed rest for 3 months. She thought she would like it but she didn't, so it ended up with me.
I was excited for the first week, bought some accessories for it then the week after that, it went on standby till July. I decided to sell it, but couldn't coz it was so damn cheap already people really just wanted to get brand new ones. So I decided to try playing it again, and I fell in love with it yet again :-D I'm playing Fight Night, it stars our infamous Filipino boxer, Manny Pacman Pacquiao. I play that game almost everyday before sleeping and in the morning while in the bathroom doing you know what ;-)

Now, what's funny with Sony, according to the article, they are making it more secure. This just won't do in the Philippines coz wether we like it or not, the only reason that people really started buying the PSP is when pirated games were available for download. Just like MP3 and Videos, PSP game are readily available on the net for download for FREE. This is why people by the PSP and this is what has boosted their sales and if they cut that liberty off, no one will buy their new product unless someone else cracks it :-D Why go through the hassle of doing so causing unecessary delays in sales? I dont know, maybe they have fun looking at their sales charts going up and down. Up when pirated games are available, down, when someone secures it, up when someone cracks the security.

Anyway, someone gave me 40 DVD's worth of games and Ive played prolly only 4 games from it. Have a long way to go.

No comments: