Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Canon 450D in the hands of a noob.



Well a few months ago, we finally made the decision to get our first DSLR. I say we, because price wise, it entails a "Co-Signatory" decision hehehe.

How I convinced my wife.

- Ever since before, my wife knows I've always been a fan of Photography. Using a point and shoot cam I always like to take pictures of anything I find interesting. I loved our point & shoot because of the auto settings menu for everything. Example, it had an auto setup for photos under direct sunlight, taking pics of food, taking pics of toys, landscape, portrait etc.. Oh by the way, the P&S camera was a Casio Ex- Z1000 Anyhoo, my wife knows that point and shoot's are kind of slow, and I have tried so many times and have failed to take pictures of kids on essential "capture moments" simply because a P&S is too slow. Miraculously, she is now pregnant with our first baby and this is what convinced us (me ;-) ) to buy a DSLR.

My Pros and Cons
PROS
- It's very fast, no precious moment will remain uncaptured
- Make your shots look like a pro
- Not that difficult to operate.
- Huge LCD at the back compared to all the other DLSRS, so far this is the biggest.
- Image Stabilizer for my very shakey hands
- Takes in SD card which is cheaper than Compac Flash cards
- Option to change lenses for different photo shooting requirements.


CONS, with rationalization though hehe
- Heavy but you live with it.
- A little complicated to operate but you can learn it.
- Expensive accessories, but you can make sacrifices

I will let you be the judge on my photography skills:
My Flickr Account
My Multiply Account

Well, I believe photography is an ART and ART is hard to understand and is always beautiful to the eyes of its maker. Hahahha, so for me, I have some good shots, it may not be to you but I am happy with them :-D

Heres a good review of the Camera
Canon 450D

Do you really need a DSLR?
Actually if you are not into computers then the Answer is NO. A DSLR is really for photo enthusiasts who are willing to take their hobby to another level which involves photo editing. If you want to just Point & Shoot & Print (pun intended) then get a P&S. And if you want an in between, get a Canon G9

I have gotten some great tips from a lot of DSLR hobbyists but I have yet to really take some time to get some lessons from Pros. Hopefully before December. And when I do, i'll make a new post regarding my DSLR and it ACCESSORIES which is a whole new ball game in itself.

It was a worthy buy. Cant wait to take pics of our little princess :-D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sus!
mao gyud ni ako gnahan oh..
huhuhu, pagkamahal sab oi,
makabuslot sa bulsa..hehehe