Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Le Card Readerrr

My fully functional Internal Card Reader on my Home Desktop will soon be replaced with a new one. Why? Well, it cant read 8 gig SD cards. My Point and Shoot and DSLR both use Sandisk 8 Gig High speed SD cards.

Most old Card Readers can't read these new cards because of the speed mostly and not the size. As memory cards grow in space from SD, Micro SD, MMC, Sony Memory stick etc.. the speed also has to catch up and as it does, it automatically junks our old card readers :-(

Too bad really as my card reader is still in mint condition. Oh well. It hinders my daily use of my PC and my Camera's so off to istorya.net's buy and sell section it goes.

So if you are out in the market for a card reader, whether it be internal (for your desktop PC) or external USB type. make sure to ask the seller to test it with a high speed card so you wont end up replacing it or wasting your money and getting a new one that does.

Just some fyi before I get to bed.

Expect some blogs about:
- A hole in my Roof and how it terribly messed up my UMPC.
- HoneyWld Hard Drive Media Player capable of playing 1080P and 720P H.264 and MKV files hits the Philippines!
- Jabra BT8040 Bluetooth Headset
- Motorola DC800
of course many more to come!!

------------
Update on my Cancer Stricken Mom
------------
My mom just got a few bags of blood today at the hospital. Her albumin count went low, we were told she would need 5 bags but wont be able to get all at the same time. Some good news though, her SGPT and SGOT count have normalized. That is a very good sign because during our last checkup we were told that the cancer has metastasized to the liver. Atleast we had some good news. Please continue Praying for my mother, Concepcion Ongking Yu from Cebu City, Philippines.

Thank you for reading my Bloggs people! If you have any requests or questions gadgets feel free to ask or leave a message at the shoutbox or comment on my Bloggs.

No comments: