Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Best All in one Travel Charger for your gadgets


I love traveling, and bringing my gadgets along makes me even want to travel more!

Everytime I travel, I always sorta like make a list of what gadgets I will bring and when I will use them during my trip. Ill save the details on that for tomorrow's blog, in the meantime though, the topic at hand:

The Best All in One Travel Charger for all your gadgets-

Is a powered USB hub.

What is a USB HUB?

A USB hub is a device to multiply the number of ports you have on your Laptop or PC. Think of it as an extension cord for your USB devices.

There are two kinds of wired USB hubs. One is powered and the other one isn't. What's the difference? Well each USB port on your PC gives out 5 volts of electricity to power your USB device, but if you plug more than one device on each USB via a HUB, sometimes the electricity isn't enought anymore, and you most likely will get an error on windows telling you the the device plugged in isn't working properly. Hence, the additional power from the nearest wall outlet should solve all your problems.

Now that you know the difference, you can also take this powered USB hub with you on your travel trips and charge all your devices simultanuosly, oh yah, forgot to tell you, make sure to buy USB cables for all your devices to get this going.

Note: Most Portable battery operated gadgets can be charge via USB nowadays eg: Your camera would most likely have a USB cable to charge it, the Ipod can be charged via USB, your Sone PSP can be charged via USB and certainly, all cellphones can be charged via USB.

I have the belkin 4 port POWERED USB and it charges the gadgets that I usually take along but i'm planning to get a 7 port before I go on my next trip :-D

If you have any questions, go ahead :-D

techisland.multiply.com

No comments: