Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

What do I do before and after I jailbreak.

 
Ok just got back home from a busy Sunday morning.

Time to Jailbreak.

Before I do, I just wanted to share my Pre JB and Post JB processes.

Of course these list was made based on the applications that I used most like appigo and SPB wallet so not everything applies to you, but you may change it to the apps that you use.

It will really make me sound like a nerd, but hey, I won't deny it, I am a Nerd and proud of it!

Hope these help someone.

Enjoy!

Manual Backup Via Ifunbox
-SMS http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/07/manually-backup-iphone-contacts-sms/
-Contacts
-Safari Bookmarks
-SB settings Theme


Sync Backup
- Appigo > Toodledo
- Contacts with Google
- SPB Wallet > SPB Desktop
- Backup Photos
- Winterboard themes (Copy all themes From winterboard Folder Via Ifunbox)

Sync With Itunes to save all Games

****************************************
IMPORTANT UPDATE<<<
  If you modified your host file before to dowgrade your OS or install the same current OS make sure to UNDO it first or you will get a 1004 error after the update.

I learned this the hard way, was freak'n scared, reflashed about 3 times with the same error.

Now it's all good :-)


****************************************
Update 4.1
Setup New Phone
Set Up Gmail push email and sync for contacts
Jailbreak via www.limera1n.com

Sync All original Apps on itunes


Install Cydia Apps
 -afc2add for infunbox
 -Winterboard
 -SB Settings
 -Push Notifications plugin SB
 -Install Hide Clock
 -Install Lockinfo + Plugins (HTC lockinfo, appigo, twitter)
 -Install Android Lock XT
 -Copy All Themes to winterboard
 -Install my3g
 -Install Anyring
 -Slanted Clock
 -file:// For Mobile Safari (to modify slanted clock)

No comments: