Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Iphone Yahoo Messenger App now supports VIDEO CALLING! [UPDATED]

iPhone Screenshot 3iPhone Screenshot 2

Frankly, I don't know what took them so long.  I think yahoo messenger is the most widely used Chatting application in the Philippines.  I have yet to test this feature but just the idea of it sounds very good to me already.

It will allow me to do "facetime" with friends who don't have Iphone 4's but do have PCs at home/office.

I will update this thread once I have put it do the test!

Read More Here.

UPDATE:

I tested it already and here are the results:
Iphone 4 to PC both connected to the same network- FAIL
     It got connected but no VIDEO came our on both sides.
Iphone 4 to an Itouch 4th gen- FAIL
     It got connected, no video on both sides and I could here the person I called but he couldnt hear me.

I guess Yahoo still has a lot to work on.

So far facetime not only works, it's the best video calling application out there.

No comments: