Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Seidio Iphone 4 Case Full Review

Yesterday, after a long wait, my Seidio Innocase 2 and  Seidio Spring Clip Holster Finally arrived.

Unboxing Video To Follow Since my Office PC is having issues, when I render the 720P video using Windows Movie Maker, it freezes my whole system. Sorry!


UPDATE: Here is the Link to the unboxing VIDEO:
http://www.mytechisland.com/2010/09/seidio-iphone-4-innocase-ii-belt-clip.html

And here are some actual Photos of the unit attached to my Iphone 4 and my review and comments on the bottom of each photo. All photos are taken with a Canon IXUS 300 HS from Canon Philippines. Awesome Shots!

The Siedio innocase 2 has is made plastic but coated with a special type of material giving you  a special non-slip mat finish, that is what I love about this case.  I don't like silicon cases, although they are non slip, they tend to easily wear out, stretched edges and they also capture a lot of dust/dirt/lint fro your pants. Seidio has the perfect texture for me, giving you a solid hard case feel that is smooth to the touch.
They made a big cut out on this side of the case to allow you to easily access the volume buttons and silent switch.
Frankly, I think it would have been alright to leave the rear design with just a flat surface and the Seidio letters at the buttom. I guess Seidio just wanted to distinguish itself with its new design.  Do take not that there is no APPLE LOGO window, this may be a plus for others and a minus for some.  As for me, I don't really mind.
It has clear large cut outs for the headphone Jack which is important to fit any type of headphone connector AND has the second mic open. My Prev Capdase case and the hole just right that I couldn't fit in some headphone jacks.
The Clip is the most important part of the Holster, this locks the Iphone 4 in place, you have to push the clip with a finger to release the iphone 4. The designed is unique and very secure that it prevents unwanted accidental release of the phone. I have tried several other CASE+Holster Combo's in the past for my iphone 3GS. All of them either broke or caused the iphone to slip out accidentally a few times. Seidio so far has never failed me.

Side View with the Iphone 4 Attached




From the last two pics you will see that it has a rotating belt clip that allows you to have the holster on Landscape or portrait mode when clipped to your belt.
A good think to take not of is the belt clip, it is designed to lock your belt in place and not just hang on your belt with  the possibility of slipping off with a slight nudge.
The Holster is designed to have the Iphone 4 facing inwards. So you happend to lean an on lets say a corner of the table, your phone's screen will be safe from harm.

The bottom of the Innocase II case can be removed so you can conveniently plug the iphone with several docking stations.

The only disadvantage of the case, which was also present on my prev Seidio case for the Iphone 3GS is that it causes your screen protector to Bubble.  Since my iphone already had a screen protector on, one that I love for its glorious mat finish, I decided not to use the Seidio screen protector that I bought separately.  I just slipped the case on. Since the case was designed with overlapping edges on top ( a C-Section), it basically hugs the phone and hols it from the top, this also squeezes the screen protector from both sides causing the protector to bubble.I have this small one that I am still trying to squeeze out but it seems persistent and staying there.  I think Seidio should make screen protectors that were made not to FIT the entire screen and should be placed with the case on to avoid issues like this.


Well that's about it.

All in all I love this case and it's a keeper!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sir Ry,

This theme can accomodate 640 x 480 image sizes before it distorts the theme. Its basically what I did with the Asus review.

Ryan Raymond Yu said...

Got it, thanks polds. Will keep that in mind. Is this post distorted on yours?

Stefanie Deo said...

I was shopping around for a case for my new iPhone 4 when I came across the burgundy Seidio one. Decided to Google for a review on it. I couldn't help but laugh when the first review that came up on the search results was written by a fellow Pinoy. :) Pinoys are such gadget geeks, I swear.

Great review btw; I decided to take the plunge and go for it. I also got a Seinheil crystal screen protector... hope it doesn't bubble up.

Ryan Raymond Yu said...

Hello Stefanie! Thanks for leaving a comment! I also got a the Seidio protector too but I haven't installed it yet. The holster of Seidio is unmatched as of the moment. It is the safest amongst all the others I have tried. Did you get the Innocase Active or the the Innocase II?

Hope you like your case!

Take Care!

Stefanie Deo said...

Ryan, I got the Innocase II. I love it. It feels very snug and secure with the hard case frame, but the soft-touch coating gives enough of a grip. It's really the best of both worlds. I love the color too... Seidio was the only one that had a burgundy case, and the product photos were true to the actual color. When you turn the case in your hand, it has a soft luminous glow that kind of reminds me of Thai silk. The color can appear very dark and plum in certain areas but it can radiate as a brighter shade of reddish purple when the light hits it. It's lovely.

I have to say though that you were right about it making the screen protector bubble up. The case is such a perfect fit--almost too perfect--that it pinches the edges of the screen protector. I have the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector on right now, and it's bubbling up on the side, on the top, and on the corners. I didn't do a great job of applying the screen protector, though...I accidentally touched the edges while putting it on. Thankfully the Steinheil comes in a pack of two, so one of these days I'll try putting the other one on and see if it'll look better.