Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Corsair's Low Cost Liquid Cooling Redux: the H70

It was about this time of the year when the Corsair H50 was introduced. It was a product well received by critics and enthusiasts as well as the mainstream market who just couldn't take (or afford) the leap towards full-blown water cooling. In fact, my own H50 is still powering up my 2-year-old rig that I used to write reviews with and its holding its end very well with keeping my E8400 cool even with the blistering heat that we've encountered last summer.

Good news to the followers of Corsair's low-cost liquid-cooling solution since they're currently preparing the Corsair Hydro Series H70. An improvement on its predecessor boasting of a re-designed waterblock + pump and a denser radiator. I expected something of a 240 radiator as an improvement but Corsair boasts this design lowers down the temperature by as much as 13 degree Celsius than the previous one. Initial tests by performed with Intel's Core I7 920 overclocked to 3.8 GHz using 1.34 volts if vcore.

As soon as I get my hands of this baby, I'll do some serious testing. For now, enjoy the pictures...





[via: Hexus.net]

No comments: