Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

Mobile Royal Rumble -What? No iphone?

For clarification, I removed the word "windows" from the title :-D

Well, I have been using my first windows mobile device, the HTC touch dual for quite awhile now and it seems to be give me great satisfaction in comparison with how palm made me feel a long time ago. The Sony Ericsson P800/P900 gave me the same feeling as well but sorta died out when I changed to the SE P990 :-(

The HTC Touch Dual does everything I need on a mobil computing device and has all the software you could ever ask for. It is still missing a couple of features that I WANT to have. It is more of a want really and not a NEED, but WANT most often times tips the scale and makes us upgrade faster than expected lolz!

Here are the mobile wrestlers!
- HTC touch pro
- HTC Diamond
- Samsung Omnia
- SE Xperia X1 - Also made by HTC
And the latest player which is running GOOGLE's latest Mobile project- Android also housed in a beautiful HTC made Chassis
- Tmobile G1


Now I don't have any of these devices so just link your self to each of the products site to get the details and google reviews.

What I would do though is rank them according to which I think would sell the most:
1 SE Xperia X1 (if it lives up to its hype)- Definitely getting one.
2 HTC Touch Pro - If X1 does not do well, this is definitely my second choice coz it does have all the features of X1 except for the SE GUI and it also comes in a smaller, slicker package.
3 HTC diamond - If you don't like slide out keyboards then this is has everything you need without the KB. It can do everything the X1 and the touch pro can do.
4 Samsung Omnia - This could also be placed in number three but I decided to put it on #4, although it has 8gig built in storage I think its to iphony looking and would just get the iphone if I wanted something looking like this. I have 8 gig MSD SDHC card on my touch dual and I haven't even fully used 1/4th of it.
5 Tmobile G1 - This could even beat number one if it doesn't do what all windows mobile devices do- slow down or crash at least once or twice a month. But this to me is still an experiment, let us wait and see for first impressions before we tackle this device.


Sorry guys, iphone is not on my list as of the moment, until I try it myself I will not recommend it because of all the horror stories I have hear about the IPHONE 3G. If I want to enjoy the Iphone Experience though I think the 32GB Itouch will do for now.

2 comments:

Vernon said...

I like my iPhone, but wouldn't it be out of place in a Windows Mobile Royal Rumble?

Ryan Raymond Yu said...

Hahaha, yes it would be out of place. But what the heck,I just wanted Windows and Iphone to be in one title. Lolz! And at the back of my mind I was debating on which new mobile phone to get and the iphone 3G was part of it. Are you using the iphone 3G? How is it?