Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Multi-touch panel shipment will reach over 600 million units in 2010

According to COMPUTEX NEWS..

Multi-touch panel shipment will reach over 600 million units in 2010

Multi-touch panel shipment will over 600 million units in 2010, according to DisplaySearch. The multi-touch technology has been widely apply on many products, such as smartphone, tablet pc, digital signage, monitor, notebook, and etc. Many suppliers have combine their multi-touch devices with their own software and developed into some innovative products.


I am excited on the age of multitouch. When I was in Computex last June, I was saddened by the scarcity of Multitouch LCD or LED monitors. I expected to see more. Wayback in 2008, I did find a few makers and was already amazed by the smoothness of browsing and flipping through flickr with just two fingers. I missed Computex 2009 because of the H1N1 Scare. Two years later, I expected to see more but I didn't.

Looking forward to multitouching away on my desktop very soon! :-D

No comments: