Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Corsair's Excellent Customer Service!

It was last October 2009 when I received my Corsair Hydro Series H50 via a fellow Istoryan (dmelsie). Its an awesome CPU cooler for its price, giving you a high-end air cooler's performance without the weight and much more room in your system. For those who are not familiar, its a low-cost liquid cooling system manufactured by Asetek and rebranded with modifications to improve performance by Corsair. Its not really the watercooling we've come to known per se (with respect to watercooling purists) but it follows the principle where liquid (ethylene glycol + water) is used as a medium for transferring heat via aluminum radiator. If I recall correctly, this was introduced last June and released to the public on July. Knowing that we're a little bit behind locally when products based in US are released, it wasn't until October that the product arrived as ordered by dmelsie via PC Express. Since then, the cooler has received numerous awards for its performance and price. If you wish to know more about how this product would fare, there's an awesome review provided by bit-tech.net.

As a My Tech Island reviewer, this cooler would provide relief in the constant removal and re-installation due to the products that come in for review and by December, the Asus Maximus Formula III was handed to me for testing via Fine Upgrades. Unfortunately, the first revision of the cooler only had motherboard brackets for sockets LGA775, LGA 1366 and AM3 so the Asus MFIII uses the new socket LGA1156 for the P55 chipset wouldn't be compatible. I tried checking out Corsair's website and they had an advisory that LGA1156 brackets which will be provided for early-adopters for free but end users would have to pay the shipping for $5. This was really a bad news for me since everyone knows here that items being shipped from the U.S. would really cost a fortune here in the Philippines.

It took me a while to have the courage (December 2009) to contact Corsair via their website to request for the bracket and asked how much it would cost for the item to be shipped here in our country and this is the response I received from Kelvin of Corsair;

It was unexpected and truth be told, if the bracket would cost me somewhere around 2,000 pesos in shipping fees, I would've forgotten about it since I can get used coolers for that price available locally but Kelvin's response was overwhelming and it didn't took long for Corsair to respond (1 day because of time difference). We've have email exchanges regarding the shipment information but sadly, the bracket didn't made it in time for the Asus Maximus Formula III review because UPS was having problems locating the address I specified. Ironically, the bracket arrived the day I returned the motherboard to Asus. Still, I was very happy when it came in and this is what I received:


On behalf of My Tech Island, thank you Corsair for an excellent customer service! Rest assured this will be used on upcoming reviews.

P.S.

Send us your products for reviews(?) :)




No comments: