Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Windows 7 32bit Beta - Application Compatibility tests


I am sure you have read lot's of reviews already about it on the net so what I did was to just share with your experience with it and give you a rundown on the working applications we have tested on it.

TEST HARDWARE:
Intel Core i7 920 cooled with SUNBEAM Core Contact Freezer with i7 Adapter.
ASUS Rampage II
ASUS EAH 4870x2 Tri Fan
OCZ Reaper ddr3 2x1G
80Gig Seagate.





The experience in a nutshell:
1.) Almost all drivers were detected except for Chipset and video card.
2.) I Updated Windows and all the drivers updated as well.
3.) Chipset drivers were manually installed using vista chipset drivers.
4.) Video Driver installed itself after windows update.


The Applications tested:
1) Office 2007 - ok
2.) Winrar - ok
3.) Firefox with plugins - ok
4.) Yahoo Messenger - ok
5.) Skype - ok
6.) Playing xvid,mkv divx etc with sharky's Win7 Codecs- ok
7.) 3D Mark 06 - ok
8.) Crisis Warhead - ok
9.) Call of Duty 4 - ok


Here is one 3D benchmark test result:



Will run all the other benchmark tests tomorrow so make sure to bookmark this Blog!

Will also be testing more applications like photoshop, more video file types, synchronization with windows mobile, itunes-sync with itouch. When I get the chance I will also install this on my Kohjinsha SR8 to get to try their so called "TOUCH INTERFACE"

If there are any softwares or application you want me to test let me know.
All in all, Windows 7 is lighter and feels lightning fast.
So far Windows 7 is Rock'n my joint!

No comments: