Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2009

Iphone 3GS essential disadvantages

I have been using the Iphone for almost 5 Months now. In fact, it has now become my main phone and I am loving it. I am just writing this because these are the daily functions I wish the Iphone had so it can really be a useful business tool.


- Can Receive Business Card (No notifiaction or anything at all. Can Send one VIA MMS only. Third party aps are available for Sending Business Cards Normally BUT none available for RECEIVING.

-Can't Manage and Send/Receive Files Manually when within the Iphone.(Documents. photos and Videos)

-Todo's Don't sync with outlook
-Contact Fields are a mess. (eg. Normally outlook has work1 and work2 fields, but iphone only identitfies them as work, so you will have two work numbers, a mess when you add the numbers on the iphone and then sync to outlook)

-Its Awesome and fast Search function does not include searching SMS messages.

-The search tab within the contacts ap disappears when you scroll down, I wish it would just always be visible.

- Option to set default Number on contacts for quick calling would be of great help.

- No option to choose what to SYNC with itunes. So Syncing always takes so long.

- No easy way to reject call from lock screen. (Slide to end would be very much welcomed, as to the double click of the lock switch)

- Making your own ringtones is such a hassle for ordinary non techie users.

-Silent Mode switch does work for all aps, meaning, sound still comes out on other aps even with the silent mode switch is on.


- Bluetooth does not allow you to send files to and from other devices, although there are third party aps, hasul kaayo. If I want to send a photo to another device, the only native way to do it is via email or MMS.

- Bluetooth handling of audio is also bad. If you connect to a bluetooth stereo headset, dili mu work ang A2DP. Dili ka ka control sa tracks from the headset.

- Camera walay Digital Zoom

- Walay front Camera

- No Java or Direct Flash Support

Peace :-D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with all that has been mentioned. To elaborate on the contacts sync from a mac users point of view. I have also arranged my contact's numbers in the order that I want. For example, mobile first, then home then work. All my contacts are configured that way. But after I synced it to the iPhone, the contacts are a mess. When you check it out some work numbers are first or some home. I really can't figure why it's like that. Ya I agree, an option to set default number on contacts for quick calling would be of great help.

Also the Receive and Send Business card would have useful if it was included in the design of the iPhone's OS.

As for the ringtones, you would think that since the iPhone can be used as an iPod, that you can use any mp3 or aac in your playlist as a ringtone or message tone. But noway, it's really a hassle to make a ringtone or message tone for this phone. Wish they would integrate that feature in a OS update but I really doubt it. Would be nice though.

Now for the camera zooming, there is no built-in option but there are 3rd part apps for that.

Well, like I mentioned, I agree with all that has been said. I think that all I can say for now.

Ryan Raymond Yu said...

Thanks for your Comments bro! :-) I am sure we are not the only one's complaining, all it takes is firmware update to put it in our requests. Hope apple listens!