Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

Weird Circular Icons Showing up on your Iphone

I encountered this problem today and found a solution.




As you can see on my mail, phone and Ipod icon (the circle lowest left icon), there is another circlular icon on top of them.



This happened after I updated 4 application/packages in Cydia and one of them was the ap called backgrounder which allowed you to make aps run in the background so they do not need to reload anymore every time you access them. I usually use backrounder for Yahoo Messenger or IM+.



Anyway, if you have the same problem, there is a simple solution.



Go to backgrounder>Preference>Global>Badges>Turn off.



That's it.



Well, backgrounder should not have set this turned on by default because I am sure a lot of people will be wondering what the heck these icons are. I thought I was infected with a virus. Lol!

The badges signify which application are running in the background which is good. But I would prefer they use a more discreet icon. Oh well, that is what I am going to do, make a less discreet icon and try to SSH it :-D



If you dont want to use these badges, you can alway install mQuickDo which has a task manager and allows you to see which aps are running in the background.



Now you tech-know!



Ciao!



Source of my solution: http://www.devilx.net/2009/05/23/backgrounder-causes-strange-circle-badge-on-iphone-app-icons/

No comments: